Fresh Has Always Been Better!
Created by Chef Jess
- 1 Pound Neese Country Sausage
- 1 Pound of White Cheddar
- 1 Pint of Heavy Cream
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Shallots
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Bundle of Chives or Green Onions
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a frying pan. Drain fat, and set aside.
- Peel potatoes and slice in 1/4 inch slices. (If preparing the night before, store in cold water)
- Prepare the aromatics: mince the garlic and cut the shallots into matchstick sized pieces.
- Make a roux by melting the butter in a frying pan over medium high heat. Once melted, add the flour and continuously whisk until the roux becomes a light brown. Once desired color is reached, slowly add in the heavy cream until a consistent texture is reached (for first timers, it's going to look ruined once you add the cream, but it will improve as you whisk in the remainder of the cream). Once the sauce is made, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Assemble the potatoes in a deep casserole dish. Layer potatoes, shallots, crumbled sausage, and then sauce repeatedly to fill the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for an hour or until the potatoes are soft.
- Garnish with sliced chives or green onions.
Neese’s country sausage has been a staple in cooking since I was a child. From recipes inspired by my mother to new creations on my own, there is no other sausage like neese’s sausage.
Neese’s is the only sausage I use when making sausage balls during the holidays! They just wouldn’t be the same with any other brand.
Neese’s bacon and sausage are definitely a part of our Saturday morning family breakfast. They have a quality product and it always tastes great!
We love Neese! I was raised with Neese's sausage, bacon and liver pudding in my parents home! The only brand my wife and I purchase for sausage and bacon is Neese's. We can’t wait for the online store!
My parents have always had a soft spot for Neese’s Liver Pudding, but I prefer their Hot Sausage. It’s versatile, perfectly seasoned, and the quality is unbeatable.
As a former airport security screener I can attest to the fact that Neese products were, more often than not, included in the carry on bags of many out of town passengers! They raved about having to take the liver pudding and hot sausage home and how they wished it was available in their home towns!!
Sure was glad to see you guys are going to have online ordering. Now I don't have to wait until I get to North Carolina for my liver puddin' fix!
Out of all the things in life one can be disappointed by, this is not one of them. Always as good as you remember it, always quality.